For Health and Community Workers
We see that Canterbury men are cared for. Men that come to us are taken through a strengths-based needs assessment resulting in an informal service plan during the initial interview by either our Service Manager or a student social worker.
We ask those questions that many services don’t get around to due to it being outside their brief. If the man wants counselling with us at the end of the interview we then know them well enough to figure out the best match to suggest for them. We also routinely suggest other options.
Get in Touch with the Canterbury Men's Centre Now
Looking After Men
Our intake work is done by either our Service Manager who is a Registered Social Worker or by trained Social Work students on placement with us.
We don’t have a waiting list and get to men quite quickly. Direct referrals can be made through our counselling page. Cost is based on the man’s capacity to pay. No man is denied care due to money so far and we expect this to continue. Many use the disability allowance for this purpose and we support them with the paperwork.
The Blokes' Book
You are welcome to send referral info directly to us at email@example.com.
The referral form is for professionals wishing to refer a client for counselling with the Canterbury Men’s Centre.
- Costs: We use a sliding scale and accept Work and Income Disability Allowance clients. We haven’t turned away any client unable to pay.
- Office and Counselling Hours: Initial interviews are generally during regular office hours and counselling can be evenings, daytime and weekends.
- Initial Interview: Our intake staff work from a social work framework at the first interview and match the client with the counsellor as well as with other community supports.
- Waiting List: We have not yet had a waiting list and generally have an initial interview with the client within a week.
- Our Response to Referrers: If you want feedback about this client’s engagement please tell us.
Mana Tane Ora O Waitaha
Canterbury Men’s Centre Speakers
If you want someone to talk to your group about men’s health etc just call and speak to our Manager, Donald Pettitt 03 365 9000. He regularly helps people find the right speaker or groups to be involved in health and other events.
Contact the Canterbury Men’s Centre
Please feel free to get in touch.
Phone 03 365 9000
Text 022 302 4966 (SMS only)
357 Gloucester St, Linwood, Christchurch