For Health and Community Workers
Our intake work is done by either our Service Manager who is a trained counsellor or by trained Social Work students on placement with us.
– We are fast, with no waiting list
– We are affordable and cost isn’t a barrier; we arrange the Work and Income benefit for some, sliding scale/ free for others
– We are skilled especially in the area of care for men and provide additional relevant supports to many
The Bloke's Book
The Blokes’ Book Canterbury
The Blokes’ Book is a listing of Canterbury agencies and services relevant to men’s health and well-being. They are free, so please order some by writing to email@example.com and telling us how many you would like.
Please Help us Get this Resource to Men
We encourage you to have these on hand to share with men in your community. In particular, we have found it is encouraging for men.
To order, just write our ceo, Donald Pettitt, telling him how many you would like and where to send them. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Blokes' Book Horowhenua/Manawatu
The free Blokes' Book Horowhenua/Manawatu
was released in February 2019. If you want hard copies of the booklet
You are welcome to send referral info directly to us at email@example.com
The referral form is for professionals wishing to refer a client for counselling with the Canterbury Men’s Centre.
- Costs: We use a sliding scale and accept Work and Income Disability Allowance clients. We haven’t turned away any client unable to pay.
- Office and Counselling Hours: Initial interviews are generally during regular office hours and counselling can be evenings, daytime and weekends.
- Initial Interview: Our intake staff work from a social work framework at the first interview and match the client with the counsellor as well as with other community supports.
- Waiting List: We have not yet had a waiting list and generally have an initial interview with the client within a week.
- Our Response to Referrers: If you want feedback about this client’s engagement please tell us.
If you want someone to talk to your group about men’s health etc just call and speak to our Manager on 03 365 9000.
Mana Tane Ora O Waitaha
Christchurch and Canterbury have some local champions making a difference for Maori Men. For up to date info you are best to check our Facebook page.
We generally meet monthly for a lunch/cuppa. If you are interested in what is happening or want some help to run a project then we suggest you call us or send us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with the Canterbury Men's Centre
We would love to hear from you. Send us a message today.