Other Projects For Men
Along with our Christchurch Counselling and other direct supports we run a few other projects relevant to men.
Men’s Sheds in Canterbury
The Canterbury Men’s Centre supports a range of groups running or setting up men’s sheds in Canterbury. To see the latest info on your nearest shed click on the button below.
You can also contact the CMC office and ask about sheds by phoning 03 365 9000 or writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun for Men
The Fun for Older Men booklet is a printed and on line resource telling men about fun local projects and how they can get involved.
You can order some by email email@example.com phone us at 03 365 9000 drop in to see us during regular business hours.
Special thanks to the Ministry of Social Development for their support of this second print run.
We operate a bare bones employment support service aimed at reaching those that don’t normally get this type of support. Why have us working to support your staff?
- You care about your crew. We see that the smartest thing is done by them.
- You want your teams being efficient and focused. Getting caught up in a staff member’s life is quite draining and likely not your area of expertise.
- You want a company culture that works. We support your staff to come up with the words to address any issues. It only takes one toxic employee to take down a small to medium sized business and your other employees are the ones most likely to pick this up.
- Cost is a factor. We are an entry level employee care service and are able to price ourselves this way. If your staff need specialized support (budgeting, addictions…) we see they are engaged with the right services in the community, most of which are free for them to use. Our job is to make sure they know their options and see that you have done all that you can do.
- We are good. Our staff are well trained and know our community well. We have had a particular focus on men for 10 years and have seen over 5,000 men in that period who give us rave reviews. We also provide care for women with this service and many of our staff/contractors are women.
- We check in with your staff once per year. Caring for your staff can get lost in the rush of other projects. We see that this is scheduled in for you and them in the way that you think will work with your crew.
- If the “bomb” hits you’ve got someone to call. We are those people you can get in when a staff member behaves in a way that affects the team or a significant site incident occurs.
It is normal for us to also support women with this part of our service. Contact us if you want to know more by phoning our CEO, Donald Pettitt 021 02502631 or writing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bloke’s Book
The Blokes’ Book Canterbury
The Blokes’ Book is a listing of Canterbury agencies and services relevant to men’s health and well-being. They are free, so please order some by writing to email@example.com and telling us how many you would like.
Get in Touch with the Canterbury Men's Centre
We would love to hear from you. Send us a message today.